Thursday, September 11, 2008
Politics and magic tricks
The seven principles
of sleight of hand
(according to Penn and Teller):
1. Palm - To hold an object in an apparently empty hand.
2. Ditch - To secretly dispose of an unneeded object.
3. Steal - To secretly obtain a needed object.
4. Load - To secretly move an object to where it is needed.
5. Simulation - To give the impression that something that has not happened, has.
6. Misdirection - To lead attention away from a secret move.
7. Switch - To secretly exchange one object for another.
Image source here.